What is an SSL Certificate, and why do I need one?
- Secure https:// browsing,
- Our SSL certificates utilise SHA-2 256-bit encryption and 2048-bit signing algorithm – the same type used by businesses and governments around the world to keep their data protected,
- SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption,
- Browser padlock: Visitors will see the universally-recognised padlock in their browser bar, showing that they are viewing a site over a secure connection,
- Rank higher in Google: Google favours secure sites, so installing an SSL can help improve your rankings, helping potential customers to discover your site,
- Browser warnings: Web browsers, especially Google Chrome, let users know when a site isn’t secure. An SSL takes care of that avoid browser warnings,
- eCommerce: SSL is a must for eCommerce websites. If you’re taking payments on your website, SSL is non-negotiable.
It’s important to protect your brand:
- Protect your customers,
- Protect your company,
- Protect your rankings.
Secure private information: An SSL certificate shows that you care about the safety of your customers. So new visitors will be comfortable to buy from you,
Boost conversion rates: By displaying a padlock in the browser window, you show visitors that you are a company that can be trusted,
Boost trust: We will install and configure your certificate, quickly and efficiently.
Google have announced that in October, Google Chrome will start marking HTTP pages (which contain forms) as “NOT SECURE.”
For more information, take a look at what Wikipedia has to say.